1. This is Alpana Mittal and Neeraj Chauhan, a fashion designer couple from Delhi.
They’ve designed costumes for celebrities like Lady Gaga, Elizabeth Hurley, Nicole Scherzinger, and Rita Ora, and for shows like America’s Next Top Model, The Voice, and The X Factor.
2. Over the last few months, they two of them have been adopting animals – sick, healthy, strays, it doesn’t matter.
They started contacting animal rights activists, veterinarians, shelters – basically any places that would allow them to take in the animals that were too sick or had deformities and weren’t getting adopted by anyone else.
“We prefer fostering cases because we’ve seen that there are very few people who have the time or willingness to do that,” Mittal said.
3. “It started when I adopted my first puppy, whom we call Heruka. My husband and I were able to then truly see how incredible animals are and how unconditionally loving they are.”
When she went to the shelter, Mittal said, she expected to see a lot of happy puppies, but what she saw was one small puppy all alone, discarded at the side, not being looked after because he had one grey and cloudy eye. “He was not being looked after, and was covered in ticks and red ants,” she said.
4. “We have adopted five but we foster many more and follow a rotation policy … that is foster, treat, and then get them adopted to loving homes.”
5. They have treated more than 18 animals, not including the ones in shelters and whom they foster.
They also actively contribute by cooking homemade meals for shelter dogs and providing wheel carts and other items for paralysed dogs.