1. Meet Gisela Villa, a 17-year-old self-taught makeup master, and her dad, Lucio.
Gisela, who’s from Modesto, California, got into makeup at 15 years old, when she was gifted a lot of makeup for her quinceañera.
“I didn’t want it to go to waste, so I just learned,” she told BuzzFeed.
2. Lucio recently let Gisela give him a makeover, and it is EVERYTHING.
“I always wanted to do his makeup just to see what he’d look like, and he was always like, ‘No, you can’t do it,’” Gisela said. “I was bored at home one day and I asked him again, and he said, ‘Alright, just so you stop begging.’”
7. When Lucio finally looked in the mirror, “he was in shock” and “just laughed,” Gisela said.
“He was like, ‘You’re crazy, this is the last time we’re doing this,’” Gisela said. “He couldn’t stop laughing.”
8. Gisela said contouring was her favorite part of the makeover “because his face totally changed.”
THAT HIGHLIGHT, THO.
9. While most responses have been overwhelmingly positive, Gisele said she’s gotten a few negative comments about “how makeup should only be for girls.” But she and Lucio don’t pay them much mind.
“If you want to wear a bright red lipstick or a black lipstick you should be able to, no matter what people say,” Gisele said. “Makeup has no gender and no age, and we will always support that.”
10. Gisela said her dad is “very funny, laid-back, and loving” and is incredibly supportive of her passion for makeup.
And even though she doesn’t think he’ll be making makeup part of his everyday look, she thinks he could be convinced into another makeover.
“It was just something I always wanted to do,” she said. “We both had a lot of fun.”