15 Survival Gadgets For Your Next Outdoor Adventure
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
2. The Trillium Hammock ($250) lets you and two other friends have sleep shenanigans in the air!
While you don’t have to stack the hammocks like this, it sure looks way cooler when you do. Leaving the top hammock to pee has never been more difficult! They also offer this in tent form for those looking for more coverage.
3. The Therm-a-Rest Treo Chair ($70-99) allows you to carry a chair that folds down into a thermos size.
Price varies depending on color.
5. Heimplanet Tents ($450-$615) is an inflatable geometric tent.
Alright it’s expensive, but they offer smaller tents for those who are sleeping in smaller groups. Also, just look how cool they are!
6. Matador Pocket Blanket ($25) is an ultra compact, water repellent and puncture resistant blanket.
Everyone needs a blanket at some point and this one has almost everything you’re looking for in a travel size. It also has weighted corners so that it doesn’t blow around on a windy day.
8. Petzl – TIKKA RXP headlamp ($99) automatically adjusts brightness to the environment and optimizes battery life.
You can set the light to be a wide, mixed or focused beam which gives you a lot of flexibility in different scenarios. It can charge through USB and is fully weatherproof.
9. VSSL Supplies ($45-$99) a water resistant flashlight that also holds crucial survival gear inside it.
The VSSL Supplies contains a compass, a 4 hour candle, a razor blade, water purification tablets, a wire saw, an emergency whistle, waterproof matches, fire tinder, fishing gear, a signal mirror, rope, trail markers, a can opener and a first aid kit. Thats an insane amount of stuff for just one container. They also have a version that is just the container ($46).
13. The Windcatcher ($99) allows you to fill up a full air mattress in seconds with a few breaths.
Thanks to the science behind their valve, the air entering the Windcatcher is at least 10 to 15 times greater than the air you expelled from your lungs, saving you time and effort!