Here’s How Sarah Michelle Gellar Paid Tribute To “Buffy” On Its 19th Anniversary
1. Yesterday marked 19 full years since Buffy Summers, Chosen One and Number One Slayer, first graced our television sets on Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
2. You remember Buffy, yes? The most important show of the ’90s and early ’00s?
3. The show that would, over the course of seven seasons, make us feel every emotion on the human spectrum?
4. Since those days, Buffy (AKA Sarah Michelle Gellar) has grown up and taken on lots of different roles and projects…
6. And so, to commemorate the show’s 19th anniversary, she posted a picture of Buffy from the very first episode, with a sweet message about gratitude.
“19 years ago tonight, I got to introduce you to #buffyannesummers (and #mrpointy too) thank you for taking the incredible journey with me and continuing still. I am and forever will be #grateful”
7. Remember that iconic blue blouse? It’s the blouse Buffy wore when she first kicked Darla’s ass.
8. It’s the blouse she wore when she and Willow chilled at The Bronze for the first time, chatting about boys.
Haha, Willow. So much ahead of you, girl.