1. Darth Maul: Apprentice, written and directed by Shawn Bu, is a fan-made Star Wars short film that highlights the training of the Sith Lord, Darth Maul.
2. According to Bu’s YouTube page, the film took two years to make, and it’s easy to tell why when you consider how stunning the visuals are.
3. It begins with the familiar voice of Galactic Emperor Palpatine, talking to Darth Maul about his contempt for the Jedi…
4. …ya know, his same ol’ spiel about how the Jedi need to embrace the dark side and whatnot.
5. Later an unnamed Jedi appears and he quickly meets his maker, unfortunately.
6. Because right from the start, it’s evident that Maul isn’t here to play any games.
7. That’s quickly followed by a slew of badass-looking (still nameless) Jedi.
8. Let’s just say the fighting in movie is pretty spectacular…
9. …like, this could fit right in with the traditional Star Wars films.
10. Unfortunately, the Jedi meet their demise. But we do get to see Palpatine!