1. Make a lost sock jar for your laundry room.
Adorable Harry Potter theme optional. When you find a lonely sock, check and see if its mate is living in the jar (and put it in the jar if not). Read more and get the “Save Dobby” tutorial here.
2. Weave a piece of elastic through the straws in a sushi mat to make a portable makeup brush organizer.
You can find sushi mats for $1.99 each here. Read the full tutorial here.
3. Make a wine rack out of empty coffee cans.
Taking the bottom off the cans is easier than you think — just use a can opener. Here’s the full tutorial.
4. When you’re doing work or studying, try out the Pomodoro time management technique.
It’s simple: you set a timer for 25 minutes, focus up and work, then when the timer dings, you take a 5 minute break. Repeat four times, then take a longer 20 to 30 minute break and start over. You can learn more about it here, and use Tomato Timer to keep yourself on track.
5. Glue magnets to the back of small glass plates to make custom magnetic organizers.
You don’t have to paint them like delicious food, but why wouldn’t you? Watch the full video here.
6. Turn an empty coffee can or food container into a stylish bag dispenser.
This is great to keep in the car, just in case you find yourself in dire need of a plastic bag. (You’d be surprised.) Here’s the tutorial.
7. Motivate your kids through all through the summer with these magnetic to-do lists.
Here’s how to make them. They’re re-useable each day, and the kids can be responsible for checking off their own chores.
Want more organizing ideas? See last week’s tricks (plus more!) here.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!