1. Look, if you were alive in the ’00s you heard this man.
4. DUTTY ROCK WAS THE ANTHEM OF 2000 AND IT’S THE ANTHEM OF TODAY.
You lived and breathed this album. Or at least the hits, and you are straight lying if you say Dutty Rock doesn’t mean anything to you.
5. In case you’ve forgotten, he made “Baby Boy” with Beyoncé AND IT’S SO ICONIC!
It also made you think you could pull off a coin skirt. (Only Beyoncé can pull off a coin skirt)
6. This is the album where “Gimmie The Light” gave YOU THE LIGHT.
7. And when you hear him give that “Yeah, yeah” intro “Like Glue” you know it’s about to go down.
8. Maybe you won’t admit it, but “I’m Still In Love With You” was the song that made you believe in love.
It did pose a problem on the dance floor. Too fast for slow dancing but too slow for fast dancing, so you probably opted for medium-paced grinding.
9. If Dutty Rock wasn’t enough, he dropped this musical masterpiece, which gave us legends like “Temperature,” “We Be Burnin,’” and “Give It Up To Me.”
All hail Sean Paul.
10. Don’t lie, “We Be Burnin’” taught you some of your best dance moves.
11. No one knew how to body roll quite like a Sean Paul backup dancer, and you took careful notes.
Body rolls were everywhere in the ’00s, tbh.
12. Let’s get something out of the way real quick, “Temperature” isn’t just a song, it’s THE song of a goddamn lifetime.
13. Yeah, you just try and keep still when “Temperature” comes on.
14. Basically, when a Sean Paul song comes on you’re gonna have a good time.
*puts “Do You Remember” on repeat*
15. NAY, THE BEST TIME OF YOUR LIIIIIIFE.
“Make It Clap” was it’s own anthem, tbh.
16. Sean Paul was always there for you, like when you needed to hear how fine you were.
The answer was, and is, “So Fine.”
18. You can’t explain it but when it’s a Sean Paul song, you just KNOW.
19. Maybe it’s his iconic “bang bangs.”
These are no better illustrated than in “Shake Senora” by Pitbull featuring Sean Paul and T-Pain.
20. Or maybe it’s that irresistible urge, like a divine message from God, that compels you to move your body.
You know this urge. I know this urge. We all know this urge.
21. AND BLESS HIM, HE’S STILL MAKING HITS AND IT’S 2016.
Give this man a goddamn medal.
22. Truth be told, there can never be enough Sean Paul in this world, or in any playlist.
Because we live and breathe Sean Paul.
23. He is the Holy Trinity: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
SEAN PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2020.