19 Things You’re Not Using To Their Full Potential
1. To protect your extension cords, tie an alpine butterfly knot, rather than an overhand knot.
While the overhand knot prevents you from accidental unplugging, you’ll end up putting more stress on the plug connectors rather than the knot, eventually ending in an electrical short. Instructions here.
2. Wrap your Apple charger exactly like this:
If you wrap the thicker section first, then you can secure it in place by wrapping the skinnier cord under the wings of the power adapter. Then use the clip to fix the end of the cord in place. Voilà!
3. Seal your opened chip bags by rolling forwards, folding the sides, and then folding backwards.
5. A hanger can also be used to hang recipes or magazines while cooking.
Or, this is great for any type of multitasking.
6. Roll the sides of the chip bag down so you can eat all the chips you want without the greasy mess.
7. Tie your shoes so that the bow sits horizontally, not vertically.
A horizontal bow ensures a more secure knot, which is especially useful when you’re out running. Learn more here.
9. Pack your bagel sandwiches in a old CD spindle.
Or pack yourself three donuts.
12. Use a Pringles can to store your spaghetti.
No more flailing noodle sticks from taking them out of their original packaging.
14. Make your blender clean itself using dish soap and water.
Watch the video here.
18. Hack the elevator by pressing your floor and the door close button at the same time.
You’ll reach your floor without stopping on other floors. Does this turn you into an uncivilized monster? ¯_(ツ)_/¯