2. Since then you’ve had a least one seriously dramatic fight, which at the time you thought was the end of your friendship.
Probably when you were about 14. Probably because you accidentally said something bitchy about them to them on MSN.
3. Now that fight seems like an insignificant blip, and you can’t actually imagine anything that could break you two up.
4. You’ve talked about every romantic encounter you’ve ever had with them.
And you remember them ALL.
5. At the beginning every single text message and cinema date was a major excitement.
One hour long cinema date when you were 15 = Three hours of debrief and analysis on the phone.
6. Nowadays you’re still super excited to hear about any news, but the best thing is receiving truly disastrous Tinder screenshots.
All dates still need a good debrief session, but usually there is wine involved.
7. You’ve got enough blackmail material on each other to last a life time.
There are some embarrassing stories you know you can jokingly bring out with other friends, and there are some that you only bring up when it’s just you two.
8. You’ve seen each other wear some very regrettable outfits.
T-shirts over shirts and bootcut jeans for as far as the eye can see.
9. Nowadays you can be brutally honest and know that it comes from a place of love.
10. And you can say some actually pretty mean things to each other and know that everything will be fine.
If they steal your top without asking you can totally text them telling them they’re dead to you, and you know that they won’t even raise an eyebrow about it.
11. You were definitely part of each other’s MySpace top eight at all times.
Apart from maybe that one time you fell out.
12. You are totally comfortable around each other and see no problem with sitting in silence together.
Sitting playing on your phone with your best friend > sitting playing on your phone on your own.
14. You have definitely been each other’s amateur doctors at some point.
You’ve held the sick bucket for them and you’ve looked a that weird mole.
15. Your mum always asks how they are, and you feel totally at home in their parent’s house.
16. They are one of the few people who you can bitch about your family to, because they know them so well.
17. You’ve been through so much drama together, and they practically know every detail of your life.
Boy drama, girl drama, family drama, work drama: You have helped each other solve nearly every problem you’ve ever had.
18. You have so many in-jokes that it’s almost impossible for anyone else to understand what you’re saying.
19. You can be super immature around them, and they make you laugh harder than anyone else.
It’s totally normal to settle a disagreement with some light wrestling.
20. Sometimes you can’t believe you’ve actually been friends for so long.
Who knew you would actually become real grown-up adults one day?
21. But now you’re sure that you’ll be best friends until you’re old ladies.
And your kids will have to be best friends too.