1. You do more reminiscing than you do “catching up”.
The majority of your conversations start with “Remember when…” and it’s never long before one of you brings up an embarrassing childhood memory.
2. And you have a whole host of embarrassing stories to bring up at your leisure.
4. And you have photographic evidence from every stage of each other’s lives, including the “awkward teen” phase.
6. Which means you’re no longer a guest in their house.
And you know exactly where the snack cupboard is.
7. And their parents are like your second parents.
9. But luckily you’ve been friends for so long that you can be completely honest with each other.
“I love you, but please just be quiet, OK?”
10. You remember falling out with them over the silliest things when you were young.
11. And if you went to school together, it was always a given that you would be partners for everything you did.
glad I’ve had them as best friends since primary school 😊💗 @emilyyyjo00 @jrkaurich8
Whether it was working together in class or sitting next to them on school trips.
12. You’re 100% comfortable around each other.
Peeing and getting changed in front of each other is the norm.
13. Which means you have no problem sitting in silence doing nothing.
You’ve been friends for so long that you don’t always have to do something ~exciting~. In fact, most of the time you’d rather snuggle up with a movie at home.
14. Your minds are so in sync that you hate all the same people.
15. And you’ve been guilty of getting a little jealous when they make a new “best friend”.
But you trust their judgement and know you’ll always be their bestest friend.
16. You still call each other the nicknames you made up when you were young.
Old habits die hard.
17. And at least one of you still owns the love letters you used to write each other.
18. They know exactly what to say to make you burst out laughing.
20. You have a deep knowledge of their eating habits, including what foods they love and hate.
“Why are you eating mint? You hate mint?!”
21. And every birthday message you send each other makes some sort of reference to the fact you can’t believe how old you are and how long you’ve been friends.
“Jesus, are we really THIS old?!”
22. You find it almost impossible to keep a secret from them.
They know everything about you, so what’s the point?
23. And even though you’ve changed a lot during the years…
24. …your friendship has thankfully remained the same.
Best friends forever.