1. Tonight, Adele has publicly spoken out in support of Kesha, while collecting the award for British Female at the Brits.
2. As she collected the award, she both referenced the other female nominees in the category and thanked her record label for “accepting and embracing” the fact she’s a woman…
She said: “To the other nominees, it’s an honour to be standing amongst you. I’d like to thank my management and record label for embracing the fact that I’m a woman and being encouraged by it.”
3. …before coming out in support of Kesha.
She said, “I’d like to take this moment to publicly support Kesha.”
4. And it went down pretty well.
I love that @Adele took her moment and used it to support @KeshaRose; it’s incredible to see women support other women.
Adele supporting Kesha = a freaking role model for everyone in this world #BRITs
8. ICYMI, Kesha has been embroiled in a lawsuit with her record label for the past three years, and as a result hasn’t been able to release new music.
Kesha claims that her music producer, Dr. Luke, sexually and physically abused her for years and so she pleaded to get out of her exclusive contract with him. The contract requires her to make another six albums.
9. On Friday, Kesha’s plea to get out of the contract was denied by a New York judge, prompting Kesha to break down in tears.
The judge said that Sony would suffer irreparable harm if Kesha did not abide by the contract.