An Indian Palace Has Been Declared The World’s Best Hotel; Here’s What It Looks Like
1. Built in 1928 for a Maharaja, Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, Rajasthan now operates as a hotel.
2. The palace is set between 26 acres of lush gardens. It contains 347 rooms out of which the hotel offers 64 rooms and suites.
3. In the 14th edition of the TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards, the Umaid Bhawan Palace was named the best hotel of 2016, with a five out of five rating among its 840 guests.
4. Umaid Bhawan Palace is extremely popular amongst celebrities from around the world.
5. Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar’s famous wedding took place in these very grounds, as did Yuvraj Singh’s.
6. The standard rooms in the joint start from ₹44,987 (about $660) per night for two adults.
7. The suites start from ₹ 1,18,900 (about $1748) . For. One. Night.
9. But they do each come with a private fuckin’ spa so it’s totally worth it.
- checks bank account *
- sobs hysterically *
10. There’s even a special table called the “Celebration Table” where you can propose to your beloved…
12. And then go skinny dipping in the Zodiac Pool*.
*Editor’s note: We do not endorse or recommend this.