This Artist’s Photographs Of His Star Wars Figurine Are Incredible
1. Darryll Jones, a conceptual artist living in the UK, has spent the last six years taking stunning photos of his Star Wars figurine, Eric the Stormtrooper.
“The concept came about when I moved from South Africa to the UK six years back. I used to photograph landscapes and never realised how freaking cold and dark winter got here”, Jones told BuzzFeed. “So I was stuck indoors one night and a little Lego stormtrooper waved to me from my shelf. And that was it.”
2. Jones’ side project, Have You Seen Eric, took social media by storm and has seen Eric’s popularity grow considerably.
“I was hooked on creating little scenarios, which just got bigger and bigger”, he says. “Then Instagram happened and it got out of hand… in a good way”.
3. When it comes to working with a figurine, it might just be a little easier than shooting real life humans.
“I try not to plan my shoots, they kind of happen naturally,” Jones explains. “I do make little sketches when I have an idea at three in the morning. But it kind of evolves from there”.
4. Eric goes everywhere, from delicious-looking food shoots…
6. …and countless adventures only limited by Jones’ imagination.
7. But will the Star Wars film revival have an impact on Eric’s ~life~?
“There may be a few elements coming into Eric’s story, but I really like to keep it simple”, Jones says. “It’s just about Eric, an unlucky little fellow trying to figure out his life.”