This Incredible Bridal Shoot Is Changing Perceptions Of People With Down Syndrome
2. And now, with her new bridal shoot, Stuart is helping to break more unspoken rules of the modeling industry.
4. “A lot of women can’t see themselves as brides since magazines only use tall, thin models,” Isadora Martin-Dye, who owns the manor and hired Stuart for the shoot, told BuzzFeed.
“I wanted to find someone who would inspire other brides, [and Madeline was perfect because she] always comes across as so warm and full of joy.”
6. But not all aspects of the shoot were so easy — Madeline’s mom initially had reservations because she didn’t want the project to be misconstrued.
8. “How is it someone with a disability can love their parents or siblings so intensely just like everyone else,” Stuart asked the publication, “but for some reason [other people assume they] can’t also have feelings for a boyfriend or husband?”
9. In a Facebook post, Martin-Dye discussed her awe at Madeline’s talents, and addressed critics of the shoot.
“[Madeline obviously] LOVES to model,” she wrote. “In front of a camera is her happy place.”
“It was a really special moment for everyone when Madeline put on the ruffle dress; she had one of those ‘bride’ moments.”