This Is What It Looks Like To Be Pregnant With Quintuplets
1. This is Kimberly Tucci, an Australian mother of two and soon to be FIVE more.
2. Yup, she’s having quintuplets. This is her at 25 weeks looking like an actual goddess.
“It’s hard to believe there are six people in this photo!” Erin Hoskins, the photographer, wrote on Facebook.
“We were cutting it a bit close with timing, as Kim was due to be hospitalized at any point,” Hoskins told BuzzFeed. “But the stars aligned and we lucked out with Kim still able to move around with relative ease in front of an epically beautiful Perth sunset. She was just radiant for this session. Despite her shy nature, she held herself like a queen, and was an absolute pleasure to shoot. I’m so looking forward to her newborn session in a few months time.”
3. After nearly a year of trying to get pregnant with her third and final child, Tucci became pregnant at the end of July. This photo was taken at just 11 weeks.
“My suspicion of a possible multiple pregnancy grew due to the quick rise of the pregnancy hormone,” Tucci wrote on her Facebook page, Surprised By Five. “I was excited at the possibility of twins but absolutely nothing on this earth could have prepared me for what happened next.”
4. At her first ultrasound, the sonographer spotted multiple gestation sacks. Five, to be exact.
“[The sonographer] started to count ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIVE!” Tucci said. “Did I hear that correctly?? FIVE?? My legs start to shake uncontrollably and all I can do is laugh. The sonographer then told me the term for five is QUINTUPLETS!!”
(There’s just a one in 55,000,000 chance of conceiving quintuplets naturally, by the way.)
Tucci then called her husband, who quickly drove to the doctor’s office.
“I could see the excitement in his face,” she said. “He told me, ‘We can do this.’”
5. She also recently announced that she will be having four girls and one boy.
6. With nausea, body pain, itchiness, stretch marks, frequent urination, and difficulty sleeping and eating, Tucci’s pregnancy has been anything but easy. But all five babies are healthy, and Tucci remains positive.